Thursday, August 30, 2012

Home Search News! {Like the old black and white print}

So there's news on the home front search...
We have put another bid on a house (this now being the third) and the owner has accepted! Well it is a short sale, so the process is just starting... now we have the long wait of seeing if the bank will accept, which takes about 90 days or more. The real kicker... it comes with tenants... WONK WONK (cue the sad music). It's not as bad as it seems really because the tenants will stay until next June, and they are paying a considerable amount more in rent than what the mortgage will be, while gaining equity... so the extra money will be used in all the upgrades I want!
I have decided that within the next 10 months, I will be accumulating all the things I want to have in our new home! I'm looking for used bookshelves, a dining room table (square or rectangle) and an entire load of stuff for my CRAFT ROOM! I want to refurbish all the furniture myself. AHHH I'm so excited- my own craft room! I already know exactly how I want my craft room to look. I want one wall light gray and white stripes, 3 other walls either bright blue or sea foam. Damask curtains and chairs with all white and black furniture with a modern and sassy chandelier. Stay tuned... 10 more months tuned haha.
Although it is not according to my plan, which was to buy a house and move in immediately, this gives us time to save for the following: hard wood floors (a must), new carpet upstairs, an entire bedroom suite, all new appliances, new counter tops in the kitchen etc. I am completely giving the kitchen an overhaul before the first box gets unloaded and will be calling my mom for back up in this redecorating process (I too have this decorated completely in my head as well)!





The front picture was stolen off of the real estate website: I took a million pictures and forgot to take one of the front of the house, ridiculous!

The backyard is wonderful, it's what basically sold us on the house. It's on a pond and across from the pool. It has palm trees in the front and back yards. So keep your fingers crossed and send wishful vibes our way and hopefully the house will be ours (and we will be in it next summer... sigh). Patience is not a virtue I have ever possessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment