Monday, August 13, 2012

I like {BIG BOOKS}

So since I was given my Kindle Fire I have been reading more. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved books since a small child, but having so many hobbies gets in the way! I like reading girlie chick lit... a book that leaves you with a light hearted feeling where you can escape. I love the type of books where once you finish the last chapter, you are left with a sense that you know the main character well, and you will miss them as if they simply moved.


A few must reads :
Mary Kay Andrews- Hissy Fit
I read Hissy Fit on vacation and am now trying to get my hands on every other book she has written. When I find an author I love, I read everything they have ever written. That being said, I am now on a Mary Kay Andrews kick.


Emily Giffin- Something Borrowed, Something Blue
You fall in love with the characters of her books and want to know more about them. She is one of my favorite authors for sure.

Todd Burpo- Heaven is for Real
A true story about a little boy who tells his parents about meeting Jesus when he was very ill and in the hospital. A very interesting read.


Plum Sykes- Berdorf Blondes
Plum is a contributing editor at Vogue and a NY socialite so perhaps that's why her books are so witty. They are a must read.


Sophie Kinsella- All of her books!
I've read every single book she has written, starting with the shopaholic phase. I have also read all of her books under her pen name Madeline Wickham. They're very light hearted and has a bit of whimsy in them.


JK Rowling- Harry Potter series
Don't judge me... they are freakin' amazing. When the Potter craze came I thought it was so childish and that fairytale land books are not my sort of thing. I also thought the same thing about the Twilight books (which are a billion times better than the Twilight movies). Harry Potter books are better than Twilight by far and the movies are very accurately portrayed to the books. I mean if they can put millions upon millions towards Harry Potters Wizarding world at Universal, then you know the books have to be at least decent.


I am almost done with another Mary Kay Andrews book "Savannah Blues" and after I am done with that, which should take a matter of hours because I cannot put it down... I am going to start The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, I have heard all good things about this book so I'm excited to start that one next! It seems to have a bit of the hunger games gore, a touch of harry potter magic and a love story all wrapped into one book so it should be awesome...







No comments:

Post a Comment