Friday, August 10, 2012

Favorites: Make Up Edition.

From all of my posts I'm sure you have gathered that I'm a girlie girlie. I love sparkles, dresses and make up so I thought this Friday I would do Friday Favorites: Make up Edition.
Not a day goes by that my toes are not polished, its a huge pet peeve. Feet are gross, so I want mine to be as cute as possible. I will not wear crazy bright colors on my nails, I like light classic pinks and nudes. However, for my toes any color of the rainbow will do, but mostly bright pinks! Silly right? I have been going through my polish and keep going back to the same colors this summer: Essie Ballet slipper and Essie Lovey Dovey.
Left: Ballet Slippers polish is my go to for nails. They need this in gel polish! Right: Lovey Dovey is the perfect shade for summer toes!

My new lip obsession came in my Birch box last month. It is Stainiac in Beauty Queen, which is a Sherry berry color. It looks much darker in the tube than it is on my lips. It goes on like a cool gel and you can layer it to get a darker color. I also love that it stays on for hours by "staining" my lips. The trial size is almost gone, so I will be biting the bullet and buying the larger size soon!

Stainiac shown in Beauty Queen. It also comes in prom queen which is a Sherry rosy pink and homecoming queen which is a sheer soft peach. Try one yourself!
Scott has bought me eye shadows (with a lot of help from the make up artist at clinique) for my stocking stuffers. I love make up as a gift and I may have told him that "hint" a dozen or so times. He bought an eyeshadow duet for me for Christmas that has became my very favorite.For eyes I love Strawberry fudge by Clinique. I have green eyes so the pink makes the color bolder. I love that he picked this out (with a little help) and it is the perfect shade for me!

Since I can remember I have used Mac Studio Fix as my powder. I love it because it goes on and it stays all day looking fresh. My friend in Greenvile would beg me to do their make up before we would go out, they'd call it "fresh face" because I like make up to look natural and clean.
Top: Mac Studio Fix. Bottom: Mac Bronzer and Mac Blush... Mac came out with a Hey Sailor! nautical edition for summer and I couldn't resist buying the bronzer and blush. Since I lay out every Saturday I had to buy a bronzer to even my skin out. They're both great.
For concealer I use Merle Norman Cover Up. I have dark circles under my eyes and it works great. Sometimes Ill switch out to Mary Kays concealer, it works well too for cover ups!


Well that is what I wear pretty much every day. I love Mac up and my collection keeps getting bigger and bigger thanks to birch box! As you can tell I have no allegiance to one type of make up. Mac is my favorite, but I love all types, and I have discovered you get what you pay for when it comes to concealer and powders! Happy "fresh face"!





No comments:

Post a Comment