Sunday, August 5, 2012

August brings...

Eerr...FALL?!?!



Last week happened to be tax free weekend, which I usually avoid at all cost. However, I had to buy a birthday gift so I ventured into one of my favorite places, Marshalls Home Goods! Deals and home decor are my two favorite things so it's the perfect place. Anyway as I was walking around with my nephew, who was visiting for the weekend, we saw some of the cutest dog costumes... which is a sure sign that FALL and HALLOWEEN is right around the corner! Fall happens to be my very most favorite time of the year for several reasons:

First, I love pumpkin EVERYTHING,(except the face peels- refer to previous post : pilgrim hats, indian feathers and bad pumpkins), from Yankee candles to Starbucks pumpkin spiced lattes. A pumpkin candle is my favorite house hold scent. Lets hope we buy a new house before fall is over so it will smell like pumpkin spice! Also, I love carving pumpkins! I will have to out do my last one...
I really like the top middle pumpkin of the witch! I may carve that one this year!



Second, I love Halloween! Halloween costumes, decorations and parties are just so cute and fun! Scott is hoping we have a house before Halloween because he wanted to have trick -or- treaters this year! haha. After our Marshalls shopping trip we found Bayla some costume options, a penguin is the front runner! I love decorating the house for Halloween, my fall decorations are getting almost as plentiful as my Christmas ones! haha.
This may be Bayla's Halloween costume, but of course she will look even cuter in it!!!


Third reason is because my birthday is also in fall! Since this is my first birthday actually celebrated in Charleston, I'm sure it will be so much fun. Hmm... maybe I'll start planning that now!


Fourth, the comfort. Fall to me just brings comfort: comfort food, cold nights and warm blankets, layered clothes and soups! I love soups! The layered look of clothing seems more stylish than just a summer dress. I also have a small obsession with jackets and coats, which makes zero sense because I live where it rarely gets cold and hardly ever snows!

Fifth reason is all the scary movies! I have loved scary movies since I was small. I remember watching Ernest Scared Stupid during Halloween as a child, does anyone else remember those Ernest movies? I still watch the kiddie Halloween movies like Halloween Town, however I also watch all the super scary Stephen King movies every year too!
And finally, the gorgeous picturesque leaves. I have always loved the beautiful jeweled colored leaves that fall brings. Driving from my parents house in Columbia to Greenville to see all of the leaves change during the fall has always been one of my most favorite beautiful drives.





For now I will enjoy the rest of summer and my Saturdays on the beach, but it's always nice to have something to look forward to...






























No comments:

Post a Comment