Saturday, March 3, 2012

The wall that makes me smile.

In my kitchen was this little blank wall and I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it. I however cannot take credit because I borrowed the idea from the following blog. http://www.bigdandme.com/2011/09/the-kitchen-art-wall-reveal-finally/




Every time I saw her wall it made me smile, so I decided why not have my own wall that makes me smile! I found them all on etsy, except the two that I made myself! The witty little sayings were so darling and it took me quite a while to find the exact sayings that fit us. The "You are the beer to my pizza" I chose just for Scott because his two most things in life is beer and pizza. He would have them both every single day, and I'm quite sure he did during his single days. ha.




These last two I designed myself. I wanted to add a little southern whimsy with the "kiss my grits" image and then I had to give a nod to my sushi addiction!




I tried to give a bit of our personalities into this one little wall in our kitchen. The "Be calm and drink champagne" I thought was perfect because when Scott and I first met we would drink a bottle of wine or champagne during all of our dates. The other designs were just cute and made me smile so they were also must haves. The hardest part about pulling this wall together was finding the frames at a reasonable price! So what I did was find cheap frames of any color and bought some spray paint, but make absolutely sure that it is adhesive for plastic and wood! I found out the hard way because my first frame was plastic and the spray paint made a spider wed/crackle effect because the spray paint wasn't for plastic! blah.


When it came to putting it on the wall I am a no measure kind of gal. I feel I don't have the time to sit and measure so I take a different approach. I lay everything out on the floor the way I want it to look, and then I move it around a dozen times and once I'm finally happy with the layout I get the middle picture and put it in the middle of the wall and then I add all other pictures around it just like what the layout looked like on the floor. Confused yet?

This is my layout on the floor. I decided I didn't like the picture on the bottom left due to the size differences and I wanted the southern saying and my love for sushi to show so then I added my own little flare and took out the one that was throwing off the balance. Anyway, every time I look at my kitchen wall I smile... it's the simple things. What makes you smile?

1 comment:

  1. Everytime I look at your wall I smile too! I can't wait to have a blank wall in s kitchen so I can do this too!

    ReplyDelete