Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Girls Day.

So for the first time ever I decided to decorate for Valentines day. I figured Christmas came and went so fast that I'll just keep the place looking festive but with Valentines day decor. Scott to say the least was less than thrilled with this idea because lets face it, Valentines day is for girls. The decor was all shades of pink and he was not delighted, especially about the wreath, but I loved it so it all stayed! Here's what I did.








This the infamous wreath! How girlie and cute right? I love it, it may even get a second use next Valentines! Im not sure why it looks like hot pink tulle isnt in the top left of the wreath, but I promise it is (tricky camera?).


Here's what you need: a roll of hot pink tulle and a roll of pale pink tulle, a foam heart shaped wreath and a lot of stick pins.


You cut about 8 inches of tulle and fold it in half and then fold the corner in almost making a triangle so the open side sticks out and pin it in the foam. Work from the outside of the foam wreath in. Then add whatever flourish you like to it.

I got the inspiration from this wreath I found on pintrest!




I found the little blocks and the be mine letterings from Target, too cute! The hearts in the plant and on the wreath were from Hobby Lobby.
I added little candy hearts to some vases and then scrap book paper around a candle. Simple little additions to make it look Valentines day festive.



So since I got my girlie holiday to decorate, maybe when football season comes Ill do Scott a "favor" and decorate with a football theme; too bad for him I'm a Carolina fan and he's a stinkin' Clemson fan... maybe he wont fuss about pink next time since to him garnet and black is worse, hehe.











1 comment:

  1. Love the V-day decor. I'm not sure any themed decoration is really what guys are looking for, even if it's football themed. ;)
    P.S. No Clemson stuff, stay strong Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete