Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Friday Favorites!

Friday favorites food edition. Charleston has so many amazing restaurants and this week is restaurant week- so the gym is a must! But this post is for Charlestons delicious food trucks! They are so good!

A few weeks back Scott and I took the trek across the bridge to West Ashley for grilled cheese. We don't go to West Ashley too often because Mt. Pleasant has everything we could possibly need, except Corey's Grilled Cheese food truck! Yes we had lunch out of a food truck. I have never really dined out of a food truck until moving to Charleston, because food trucks are everywhere here and they are simply divine! They have trucks from the most delicious and fresh donuts, to name-anything-to-put-in-a-roll trucks (and I had seafood in the roll straight from a truck and it was amazing-although I was nervous eating fish from a truck).

Now on to the grilled cheese... This is not just your normal grilled cheese- it is Corey's Grilled Cheese. Words cannot describe the deliciousness, and yes we are talking about a simple GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH! INSANE I KNOW! I could eat this sandwich every single day. After we savored every bite, we figured out the recipe and decided to make it the next night, so we immediately went to the grocery store.



This is what you need:

1. cinnamon swirl bread (do not substitute this- yes it sounds weird but trust me, do it)

2. honey mustard

3. bacon

4. tomato (none for me thanks, but if you prefer...)

5. munster or gouda cheese

Try this recipe, you will thank me- it's quick, simple and divine. Your welcome!









No comments:

Post a Comment