Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Weekend {update}

A few weeks back Scott and I went to Charlotte for the weekend to watch The Black Crows and the Tedeschi Trucks Band Live... and they did not disappoint! 

I love his crazy hippie dances! Chris Robinson of the Black Crows is just so
entertaining to watch! 
However it RAINED and rained and then rained some more, which I surprisingly was unprepared for. It's only surprising because we have experienced SO much rain lately that I dont leave the house without an umbrella and rain boots... or at least a jacket. But nope, I brought no rain gear for Charlotte, which the concert was at an outdoor arena and we were soaked to the bone. Even though we were drenched, we had so much fun. 

It rained SO hard, this picture is so fuzzy because it was pouring on us during this photograph. 
We went to NODA beer brewery and had lunch at the food truck and sampled several beers. The NODA brewery was so fun and relaxed. There were families there and dogs, it was just a fun vibe. 

NODA Beer, yum!

We also went to an indoor market and grabbed brunch and I ran across a salt vendor.  I know it sounds weird, but this guy had over 600 variations of salt. Who knew there were so many options? I wasn't sold until he had me try chocolate salt on watermelon... oh my, it was heaven! So I bought a small packet of chocolate salt so I wouldnt be tempted to put it on everything. He also encouraged us to use it to sprinkle on cookies and basically any fruit or dessert. yum! 

Chocolate Salt, Oh My Goodness, fabulous.

We were lucky the concert fell that weekend because it was also restaurant week. Scott made reservations for E2 which was Emeril Lagasse's Restaurant and BLT Steak. E2 was by far our very favorite, the cocktails were delicious, but the banana cream pie was out of this world! The recipe is on foodnetwork.com however it looks complicated and I do not need anymore sweets before the wedding, eek! 
Divine. And yes I had to put in a bunch of extra reps in the gym to work this sucker off! I do have to fit into a dress in a few months... or a month and a half. eek! 

It was a wonderful weekend and I returned home with my idea of the perfect souvenirs: a Mary Kay Andrews book from a charming used bookstore, chocolate salt, pictures of one of the best concerts we've gone to and lots of beers. winning.


No comments:

Post a Comment