Wednesday, August 28, 2013

SUMMER {concert series}

I mean don't get me wrong, it is still sweltering here, but school is starting back in the area and it makes me wonder... how did summer go by SO fast? I mean faster than any other summer in history... for me at least! 

This summer has been very productive and fun! I have traveled almost every weekend of the summer either for fun or for wedding stuff. I LOVE traveling, it honestly is one of my very favorite things to do, but I guess that's how I blinked and missed summer. 

Part of the summer was spent on concerts... many many concerts! 
Scott and I have seen: 

Dave Matthews Band (his favorite) with John Butler Trio (my very favorite) in Charlotte.
Scott is such a huge fan, but I really love JBT and I am hoping to see him headline.

The Lumineers with The Cold War Kids in Charleston. I have always loved both of these bands so it was a great concert. 
The Lumineers were SO much fun!

Citizen Cope, who I got to meet him before for a "meet and greet" before hand in Charleston. I've met him once before in a bar and we had drinks together, he is super laid back- just like his music. 

This maybe my favorite photograph I have ever taken. Cant you just see it as an album cover?

The Black Crows with Tedeschi Trucks Band in Charlotte. We have seen the Black Crows last year, but the Tedeschi trucks band was new to us. They were awesome and had a folk rock style sound. 


Chris Robinson always puts on such a fun and energetic show.

The Killers in Charleston were simply amazing. I will be the first to admit that I have enjoyed their music but were never in love with them like Citizen Cope or John Butler... however, after this show I am a HUGE FAN! They put on the absolute best show I have ever seen, and I think it's because they had so many extras...
GLITTER CONFETTI! I love Confetti so much that I put it in my wedding invitations. There is something so silly about confetti, and when there are millions of glitter K's and Lightening bolts raining down on you, it just seems magical.
I love it. 

The light show was outstanding. I like mostly acoustic bands, but now I aim to go to other concerts with amazing light shows, it is at entertaining as the music. 

And the final "extra" is the crazy fire work displays they had on the stage. Simply Amazing. 

And The Black Keys with the Flaming Lips with my brother in Greenville.  Unfotunatly my pictures for this concert turned out pretty crappy but they sounded great live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment