Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Charleston Visits.

 My cousin came down to visit and we toured around downtown Charleston. Charleston is so beautiful and historic I should take advantage of being a tourist in my own town sometimes. I get so busy and since I live her I often just say "oh I can do that another day" but then the day doesn't come. So I have made a vow to make the most of my city and that is just what I did on her recent visit. 


In the Gazebo right off the battery. 

That day was so hot, we got in the pineapple fountain with lots of children who were 
splashing around. 

The ever charming, Rainbow Row.

Love these old oak trees, a good reminder of being in the South.


Amanda and I toured water front park and the battery. Did a little bit of shopping in the market, then had lunch at Henry's. We were so hot we had to have a few drinks... which we would have had drinks even if we were not hot! ha. Then I introduced her to Kaminsky's bakery where we shared a piece of cake, and oh my the desserts in there are sinful. 
Now that fall is approaching I intend on continuing to explore Charleston more, it's too beautiful of a town to take for granted! Now only if I can find the time...


No comments:

Post a Comment