Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Update {with rebecca}.

Very reminiscent of SNL. Hehe. 

Anyway, my parents came down this weekend to help me update my master bedroom. Before it was brown, literally the EXACT same shade as card board... gross. I had a piece of cardboard against the wall and it matched perfectly, what an odd shade to choose. 


Buh Bye card board brown. yuck. That's my sweet mama helping me paint. 
LOVE the bright blue color. 

The color I chose is Sherwin Williams "Rain Drop," which is such a vibrant blue. I love it. All of our furniture is white so the blue really brightens the room up. I still need to buy a few more decorations; some "pops" of yellow as an accent, window treatments and I am on the search for the perfect mercury glass lamp shade.
My make up table area, which I believe I am going to up-cycle it and turn it maybe a silver color... stay tuned. 
My FAVORITE part of our new room is the head board my parents and I made from old shutters I bought off of a historical house in Summerville. 

The shutter head board is my very favorite project I have ever done. The shutters have been painted a dozen colors so I pressure washed them and used the white side and added a bit more white paint then used brown shoe polish to "age" the new white paint to make it match the older character of the shutters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment