Friday, June 14, 2013

Flapper Girl

For as long as I can remember I have always had a deep love for all things 1920's. 

The music. 
The dancing. 
The parties.
The style.
The men being gentlemen.
The women being ladies.
The CLOTHING. 

In short I was completely born in the wrong era.

So I was THRILLED to see that The Great Gatsby was coming to theater because I knew the 1920's style would be making its appearance. Not to mention, The Great Gatsby has always been a favorite since child hood. 

Would it not be fabulous to dress up like this for a big party? LOVE IT.

I have always thought that Jenny Packham's dress designs were very reminescent of the 1920's, hence why I love all of her designs. 

Jenny Packham's dresses are simply beautiful.

The make up, light eye with a dramatic red lip. 
So glam.

The hats, oh the hats! I love the hair styles and hats then. The style was so dainty, feminine and glam... I would dress like this every day if I wouldn't get crazy stares! 

I recently bought a hat like this that I wear during the winter and rain. Love it.
The Perfect ensemble. Why don't we dress like this anymore?

I found this dress online, it seems most designers are getting bit by the "20's bug"
Love the hair styles and accessories
This is my little nod to the 1920's that I wore to see The Great Gatsby! Which I LOVED and will be purchasing! I also thought it was so neat that they took today's music and gave it a big band 1920's twist, so I will be buying that too! 

I love how everything is so glam with the clothing and jewelry and big bands. I believe in a past life I was the perfect flapper girl, because I still am at heart! 


No comments:

Post a Comment