Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Brew Vival {the rain edition}

As part of Scott's Christmas gift I bought him Brew Vival tickets. Brew Vival is a huge beer festival with tons of different types of craft beer from all over. In short it is Scott's dream festival. Tickets were pretty pricey but I knew he would want to go and would love it. 
Scott had his friend Travis and his girlfriend Cameron come to visit from Spartanburg. I invited my cousin Ashley and her boyfriend Trey to come and stay with us too, so we had a full house last weekend.
The festival was fun, but let's just say the weather was brutal... and the entire festival was outdoors! It monsoon poured ALL DAY. We knew it was going to rain but I had not even considered the amount of rain that occurred! Thank God I purchased rain boots the day before, because they were a necessity. 
They had all sorts of food trucks, which are simply divine here! Scott and I discovered a new love for a Vietnamese sandwich called a Banh Mi, from the Autobahn food truck. We loved it so much we went to CO, a restaurant downtown, on Sunday night and got another Banh Mi. At least they are semi healthy! You should try one! 


It was pouring out, glad we brought umbrella's rain boots and hats! 


Cameron, Scott and Travis in their rain gear! 



Plenty of crazy drunk people decided to mud wrestle or make mud angels... HA!


SOOO much mud, past peoples ankles! Rain boots were a must for this event! I don't believe I've seen this much mud!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that mud!! Good thing yall had rainboots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? It was pluff mud, where people's rain boots were getting stuck in it! ha! Definitely added to the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right? It was pluff mud, where people's rain boots were getting stuck in it! ha! Definitely added to the day!

    ReplyDelete