Wednesday, October 24, 2012

PUCKER UP...

...And give me a SMACK! 

I hardly ever wear lipstick, Im more of the Burts Bee's Wax chapstick type of girl. I cannot go thirty minutes without slathering on some type of chap stick. Occasionally I will wear a gloss, but in Charleston near the beach it is often windy and I hate my hair sticking to my lips- such a pet peeve! Well at Mac they have a deal where if you give back six of any type of their cases you get a free lipstick! 
When I finally saved up all of my years (yes years, their products last so long) worth of cases, I went into Mac to get my free lipstick. The girl at the counter was super helpful but had so many people waiting and needing help. So I patiently waited for about thirty minutes, which was easy because I LOVE looking at all their products. Once she came over to help I had to figure out which lipstick would look best on my skin, even though I had already been staring at them for thirty minutes or so! There were soooo many choices... I knew I wanted something natural but also something fun. Since I had waited so long she told me to pick out TWO for free, yay! I loved the look of "Snob" I had seen it in magazines and all over Pinterest, but once I tried it on it simply looked awful on me- it had too much of a blue hue in it. It's amazing how the wrong shade of lipstick can make you look like a clown or utterly sick- like you have the flu. 


This is "Snob" and it is a playful and really beautiful color, if you have the correct skin tone- mine not being one of them. So I tried to find a color close to it that is a better match with my skin tone. 

 
The make up artist helped me find "Angel" which is very close to "Snob" but it has less of a blue hue and more pink. I am definitly stepping out of my normal "comfort zone" with this lipstick because I am so use to my simple chapsticked lips that has no color! "Angel" is my playful 
lipstick of choice. 


My nest most obvious choice would be to go with a natural every day lipstick color. I must have had 30 lipstick swatches up my arm trying to get a good natural one and then a playful one to go with my skin tone. I finally settled on "Modesty" as my natural lipstick. It is a gorgeous color that goes with everything. 

Mac lipsticks go on creamy and has a good smell! They last for quite a while before having to have a touch up and best of all they are not sticky like other lipsticks or glosses. I feel I have added a quick touch of glam, like putting on a sexy pair of heels- except with lipstick it's much easier to walk the cobble streets of Charleston! 

The best advice I can give while searching for your perfect color is to definitely ask the sales girl to help- make up is her job, and most make up artist have a passion for it. The lady who helped me was super helpful and made my transition from chap stick to lipstick easy. 

*note- the pictures are clearly not my lips- they are google images obviously... I promise to take more pictures in the future and maybe a photography class or two haha! 



No comments:

Post a Comment