Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Favorites {halloween tv edition}

I cannot believe Halloween is next week! It is one of my very favorite holidays. Things have been so hectic around here between work events, packing the apartment to move and busy travel weekends that I have not even carved a pumpkin this year!! Besides not carving a pumpkin, I have not been to a haunted house, or a Halloween party- not a single item off my Halloween "bucket list" accomplished. It's a tragedy I know. Next year when we are in our house I am going ALL OUT with the Halloween decorations! I'm sure pinterest will help with all the ideas haha. 
Some of the Halloween things I have been loving this season:

1. Halloween Wars on The Food Network
This is the coolest show! Every team has a cake designer, confectionery artist and a pumpkin carver. Everyone is given a theme and each team has a few hours to come up with an amazing creation. 



Can you believe that this was made with sugar, a pumpkin and cake?!?! INSANE right?!



Both of the above pictures are from last season, but this seasons is just as awesome. I dont even think I could think of some of these creations let alone have the skills to produce them! They have amazing talent.

2.  Face Off on Syfy
This is such an awesome show. It's kind of like making Project Runway but with costume design- and by costumes I mean full on masks, make up and clothing. It is truly bizarre what these people can do in a matter of hours. Creative geniuses I tell ya! 



Isnt it amazing that this was done in a matter of hours and that their is a person wearing ALL of that! haha. 



This was one of my favorite costumes from last year. The detail is super awesome and creepy! 

3. Hocus Pocus
This is a Halloween classic. I have watched this movie every year since I have been a child and did this year too. I LOVE this movie and find it hysterical that Sarah Jessica Parker is the ditzy witch. 



Sadly I have not seen any scary Halloween movies that I have liked yet this year. I always like super scary movies, but they have all been cheesy this year... oh well there's always next year to join my awesome Halloween decorations! 



No comments:

Post a Comment