Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I'm just people watching, the other people watching me..."

I love Jack Johnson and his calming soothing voice, and the above title about people watching are lyrics by him. People watching is always fun and there's no better place than the STATE FAIR!! There are truly all different types of people, some from the back woods of the South and others just normal humdrum people there for the food.
My mom, dad, my nephew Austin and I all went a few weeks ago on a Saturday, which is probably the busiest day. Dad was there for the food, I wanted to see the art work, Austin wanted to ride the rides and play the overpriced games and mom wanted to see a bit of it all. I'm not going to lie... besides seeing the art work, I also wanted to eat a corn dog, its the ONLY time of the year that I will eat a fried corn dog haha.
I have gone to the fair every single year since I can remember. The only thing that has changed are the crazy inflated prices. For example, 22 tickets for the rides were $25 dollars and each ride was approximately four tickets each.  There were less rides than I remember as a kid too... but the fair is always fun. After I leave I always feel like I need to bathe in a huge bath of anti-bacterial- it is the germ-iest place on earth. 

Top left: The sand castle is always a must to see every year, this year the theme was seasons. Top right: Can you read that sign? Yes that says deep fried BUTTER, not to mention deep fried candy bars and cookie dough! YUCK. I did not visit this food stand to say the least but I'm sure many did. Bottom left: You should see the smile on Austin's face when he walked up with a BUCKET, yes BUCKET of donuts. He said he was going to get a small basket of donuts while I was in the drink line beside him... and he walks up with an entire bucket of donuts and said he was taking them home to share with this mom and dad. I would have been more appalled if he didn't have such a huge and happy grin on his face! haha. Bottom right: Austin talked me into riding the swings, they never look as high up when standing on the ground but it's tricky because they go way higher up than we assumed. 


Left: Me with the stadium behind me. Top right: mom and dad eating fried mushrooms. Dad was clearly not ready for his picture to be taken hehe. Bottom right: Austin on the top of the ferris wheel 
with the fair in the background. 


The art at the fair is always awesome and is always inspiring. I may 
make my own version of the crab painting in the top right, 
it's perfect for the beach!  

After the fair I went home and took a steamy shower to "boil" away any germs that I may have came into contact with at the fair! However the fair is always a must, besides the art, food, and overpriced rides, the people watching is top notch! I look forward to the fair every year.



No comments:

Post a Comment