Friday, July 20, 2012

News! Like the Black&White Print.

So the problem with having so many hobbies is they completely get in the way of blogging. Not that I have forgotten about the bloggy world, I've just been so stinkin' busy! However I have a lot of exciting news!

1. I'm buying a house! House hunting takes up about half of my nights. Between scouring the Internet hourly for new listings and going to visit the houses and all the areas, it's a lot of work! Thank God we have the most amazing real estate agent, he is so patient and thorough. I fired the first one we had, she was worthless, my sweet Bayla pup could show houses better. She kept pushing us to buy a house that she had listed that had NOTHING we wanted UGH. Take my advice, if you're looking for houses, make sure you have a good agent that you're comfortable with because the process is pain enough. Being a newbie to house hunting I have a million questions, and the process is so overwhelming... it is not at all like they show on HGTV House Hunters. House Hunters, while I love the show, is not accurate at all! I realize the Charleston housing market is more competitive than most markets but good lord, we have gone to see several houses that were just listed and they are contingent by that evening! Meaning, you don't even have time to think about the house overnight to make a decision before someone already snatches it up! I'm not an impulsive person, I mean ok sometimes those impulse purchases get the best of me while standing in the check out at Target, but this is a HOME we are talking about here! This decision needs at least a night to sleep on it, right? We did find a house we fell in love with... it was so cute and on the water and I had the whole darn thing decorated immaculately in my head (yes yes, even down to the Waverly curtain patterns). So we bid on it the morning bright and early. Then we waited, and waited, and waited.... and someone else got it (when we basically offered asking price). That day will be known as "Black Monday" because it was the first time I had gotten "broken up with" by a house. I had a found the perfect little place to call home, it would have been a great relationship, and it rejected me. Stupid house.
But it will not get me down! Ohhh no. Doesn't that just mean there's a better house out there waiting for us? We've looked at about 25 houses already, some decent and some real crappers... Im still holding out for the one that feels like home when I walk through the front door. And you better bet that Im going to decorate it so stinkin' cute and do bloggy tutorials on every aspect. Stay tuned.

2. This afternoon Scott and I will be making the trek to West Palm Beach, Florida. WhooWhoo! Im so excited. We are going to see Dave Mathews Band in West Palm this weekend and then travel to Miami the after the weekend to board a surprise cruise! I have been wanting to go on another cruise for a few years now. We had decided to do "Tour De Florida" and go to all the beaches for 9 days. However, Scott surprised me with a mini cruise and then mini "Tour De Florida," which is the best of both worlds! We will get to see West Palm, Miami, Orlando and Daytona then 5 days on a cruise to see Coco Cay, Nassau Bahamas, and Key West! Luckily I have packed my diva sunnin' hat and plenty of bathing suits, whoohoo! Pictures to come of course. But here's a teaser...






This is the Cruzan Amphitheatre where we will be seeing DMB. Isn't it gorgeous?! (ps. this is not an endorsement for Cruzan. Don't drink it, I don't sell it!)



Royal Caribbean Cruise! Im SOOOO excited! Bahamas here I come with a fruity umbrella drink! Whoop Whoop!

3. In June we went on a mini vacation to Clear Water, Florida and made a pit stop in Orlando to Universal Studios! OMG it's so much fun and the perfect place to act like a kid! I LOVED Hogwarts! If you follow my previous post (yes I know from months ago) you'll know I have become obsessed with the books. They did such an amazing job bringing the book and movies to life, they did not leave out a single aspect, it was amazing. I had butter beer, went into Zonkos, the wand shop etc etc. It really was the best amusement park I've been to. I had so much fun, it was a bit magical, (lame I know) but anything is magical if it makes you feel twelve again.

Top left: In the window of Zonkos they had the Puking Pastilles doll just like in the movie. Top right: Hogwarts Express. Bottom right: look how cool Hogwarts really looked!

Top left is the animal book from Hagrids class that moved and tried to bite haha. Top right and bottom left is inside Olivanders Wand Shop where the wand chooses one certain kid... very cool to see. Then of course Hogwarts is in the bottom right.
Top left: Butterbeer! Yum! It needed some dark rum... maybe Ill make it at home and post the recipe! (It started pouring right as we were leaving hence the hat). Top right; is the sorting hat. Bottom left: the Weasleys car that disappeared into the forest. Bottom right: Scott and I cheesin' infront of Hogwarts.

4. I've made several wedding gifts for friends (shout out to one of my besties Sarah and her beautiful wedding) and other craftys for my home. Tutorials to come.

1 comment: