Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Miami {meh}

On Sunday we drove to Miami to do a little shopping and to get ready to board the cruise the following day. We were only in Miami a short time, basically just to stay over night to board the boat the following day.





I have to say I don't know if we were in touristy type of areas everywhere we went, but Miami is not a favorite destination of mine. Scott took me to this amazingly huge outlet mall where they have every store you could think of, and there were soooo many rude foreigner tourist I wanted to leave immediately! If you know anything about me it's I LOVE shopping, not to mention outlet shopping! These people would just practically knock you right over and look at you like were the rude one. There were so many people it was like shopping on Black Friday or Christmas Eve, you could not even walk for all the people. It was hectic to say the least.


We had last minute errands to run before we got on the boat the next day, like getting travel size hair spray, buying Dramamine (seasick medicine), and all the things I forgot to pack. I kept thinking, OMG I'm going to be in the middle of the ocean on a huge boat with no cell phone access (I don't have international roaming), and what if I need (insert random need here)? So I over packed and over bought. So after the outlet and errands we wanted a quick, yet healthy dinner and ran into Tropical Pollo. It was so good, I wish we had one here! It's typically grilled chicken with salad, salsa, sour cream, cheese, black beans and yellow rice with a curry honey mustard dipping sauce. There's a place almost identical in Greenville called Tropical Chicken, he clearly ripped off the idea... maybe someone will do the same thing here!


While I wasn't a huge fan of Miami, I haven't written it off quite yet, maybe Ill go visit it one more time and hopefully have a better experience! Ill just have to stay away from the outlet malls!


Miami did have some interesting and cool murals around the downtown area though!


I LOVE this mural, the colors and the detail is so pretty. I wish I could've taken a better picture but Scott was driving and traffic was insane, so this is the best I could do!


This mural is a bit creepy!! This building with the creepy alien looking people is where we parked our car while we were gone on the cruise! Stay tuned for the cruise post next...

No comments:

Post a Comment