Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Key West.

Day 4 of Cruise:





Thursday we docked in Key West. The first thing I did was grab my phone and called my family and Kristi who was babysitting Bayla, because I don't have international roaming I had to turn off my phone for days... EEK! For me it's that "lost child in the mall feeling" I get panicky and feel like I'm forgetting something... who knew I relied on my phone so much for my sanity! haha. I apparently cant function without my Iphone!



Anyway, Key West was stifling hot and all the houses block the ocean breeze so we were sweltering! Key West has a lot of charm. We took a trolley tour and went sight seeing, had lunch at the original Margarittaville and did a little bit of shopping.

Top left: A cool and huge statue of a couple dancing. Bottom left: A light house that is no longer in commission. Top right: Scott and I at the southern most point of the US. Bottom Left: birds chillin' in Key West.

Left: A statue of Marilyn Monroe, love her. Top Right: a compass on the pier. Bottom right: banana trees and roosters were everywhere!

Top left: a cute boutique. Bottom left: mansions everywhere. Top right: the boutique had this sign hanging in the door that perfectly describes the flow of Key West. Bottom right: Hemmingways house.


Scott and Glenn were on a hunt for key lime pie (I don't care for key lime) but they found several places! Then we had cocktails at Hogsbreath, which is like and indoor outdoor "rough around the edges" type of bar.

Left: Scott makin' the moves on "grocery lady." Top right: Hogsbreath bar. Bottom right: A man started a very successful restaurant out the back of that truck, which is now still parked outside of his big restaurant.


Key West was fun, but we were all so zapped from the heat I went to the boat and had an hour nap before we had formal night dinner. Naps can solve anything I have decided. The formal dinner was nice, but the comedy show and winning trivia was the highlight of the evening. At trivia we won medals, so when people asked us how we won them I told them we had won the Royal Caribbean Olympics, so we get free drinks the rest of the trip... you should have seen their faces! haha. It was hysterical! Scott and I won two out of the three trivia games we played... smarties!
Top left: Key West toy factory. Bottom left: Capt Tony's Saloon. Capt Tony apparently decided he wasn't paying increasing rent in his old location so he told all the local patrons to pick up their glasses and tables etc and carry it across the street (while shots were being poured in the street) to their new location... where the party continued! Bottom right: The original Margaritaville.



More Cruisin' to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment