Monday, April 29, 2013

It's SPRING!

It seems this winter has lasted longer than usual. While Charleston usually doesn't have a "winter" like most, I have have craved sunshine and outdoor activity.  Our "winter" does not get THAT cold, we do not get snow, it basically means it's just too chilly and damp to lay out and go to the beach. But at last it is Spring! Flowers are blooming, the grass is having to be cut bi-weekly and I am getting in gear for Spring decorating. I have been flipping through ideas on how to landscape our yard, because right now it is pitiful. 
I decided the first thing I would decorate is our door with a new Spring wreath. 


I went to Michaels and bought a foam wreath and two spools of ribbon. I think I stared at the ribbon a good thirty minutes because they had all types to choose from. I chose an inch width ribbon without wire. 

Things you will need:
  • Two spools of ribbon. 
  • Foam wreath.
  • Tiny silver needles.
  • A glue gun with glue sticks.
  • Other random ribbon colors. 
First get the foam wreath and just get the ribbon and begin wrapping it around the wreath, securing it with one pin to get it started. Wrap all the way around the wreath until it is completly covered in ribbon and secure the end on the back of the wreath with another pin. 

Next I grabbed random ribbons that I had stored away and began twisting them into flowers, securing them hot glue and pins. 


Then I glued and pinned them to the foam wreath. 

Grab a ribbon and tie a loop and hang it on the door. Viola! 


No comments:

Post a Comment