Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dirty Myrtle.

A few weekends ago, Scott and I took a mini vaca to Myrtle Beach. In all honesty, I hate Myrtle Beach, but I don't mind going to visit all the touristy shops and restaurants during the fall; when all the "rebel flag" tourist are gone and all the old folks Yankees and Canadians come to stay. We went for just the night and spent Sunday being tourist. We hung out at the pool and in the Jacuzzi most of the morning. The weather was great to be outside all day. 

After we spent time relaxing, then had lunch at Abuelos, which was a delicious mexcian restaurant. I wish we had an Abuelo here too, I would eat there often! After lunch we went to Broadway at the Beach and walked in all the touristy shops. They have these insane fish that you can feed- they have trained themselves to basically beg for fish food and fight the ducks over who gets the most pellets. 



The insane fish and ducks swarming each other for fish pellets. 

 We spent hours walking and being silly then had a few beers and Scott had wings at Liberty's. Scott being a cheap ass loves their $4 happy hour special- $4 for all apps, Scott loves the 12 wings. He had wings and then we went to King Kong Sushi and I had a sushi roll and we both partook in peach saki. 




Scott being silly outside of Ben and Jerry's.

 A cute vinyl of cows driving a VW bus at Ben and Jerry's Ice cream. 

After walking and shopping (but not buying a single thing) and stuffing our bellies with beer, saki, wings for Scott and sushi for me, and Mexican for lunch we went back to the hotel in a hazy coma of happiness. While watching tv, I passed out at 9:30 pm, I haven't been to bed that early since I was a child. The weekend of concerts, and mini vacation was bliss and hopefully their will be many more! 



No comments:

Post a Comment