Monday, December 12, 2011

MY {pepperoni} WREATH

In the fall I made a garnet felt wreath and hung it on my front door. Scott informed me that I made a pepperoni wreath... it kind of does look like pepperonis after he mentioned it. Anways I repourposed it from fall and found a Merry Christmas ornamanet (from walmart of all places) and hung it on the mirror in the den. I went to Hobby Lobby in Columbia, which I miss because there is not one anywhere in the near vicinity in Charleston, and bough one yard of felt and a half of yard of burlap. Keep in mind felt is "double backed" so when you ask for one yard it really is two.

The things you need:

-One foam wreath

-One yard of felt

-Half a yard of burlap

-Needle stick pins (at least 150)

-A glue gun


How to make it:

Step 1: short cut! Get a cup and a white stamp pad! It creates the perfect circle everytime and makes it so much easier! I made at least 150 circles and probably could've used more for the wreath!



Step 2: Cut all those suckers out. You could use scalloped shears or any type of design shears to create a different type of edge, I went with regular scissors and made simple edges.



Step 3: Fold the circle in half once.



Step 4: Fold the circle in half again, which means the circle has now been folded twice now creating a triangle.



Step 5: Put a needle stick pin in the corner of the "triangle" and put it directly into the foam wreath.


The Burlap Bow

I in no way was going to hand sew anything for this wreath. So I pulled out the handy glue gun. I cut a strip of burlap about 5 inches wide and 28 inches long. I didnt want to have the fraying edges showing so I folded the burlap in about a 1/4 of an inch and glued it down, hiding all the fraying. I made the bow seperate by gluing a strip of fabric into a loop and then scrunched the middle and glued a little tiny piece of burlap around the middle of it. I glued the bow to the long burlap strip and then viola!
Happy Crafting!










1 comment:

  1. Rebecca-
    I LOVE that you are blogging!! I can't wait to copy all of your fun crafty ideas!!
    Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete