Thursday, December 5, 2013

A very honest update.

So I survived the bachelorette party, but not the relationship- wedding or anything resembling a future with Scott. I called off my wedding five days before it was suppose to happen because I found out he was cheating on me with his married manager. Needless to say I have not had contact with him since the day I found out and made him leave my home. 
It's amazing how life works in mysterious ways and how you see sooooo much you had missed once you remove yourself from the situation. I do not believe I am a gullible person or easily duped. I think I just was deceived, and being deceived does not mean that the person is smarter than you- it just simply means you trusted them way more than they ever deserved. 
It has been an interesting few months adjusting to life as a single woman in her late twenties but it has been a fun journey. I have realized so much more about myself and life these past few months that I never knew...
Things I have learned the past few months:

1. I have the most absolutely amazing support group. I am a strong minded woman because of my family and friends., without them I am not sure who I would be. I allowed myself to cry one day and then moved on with my life. I was determined that the situation would not change who I was, my beliefs on love or marriage or that I would become jaded, negative or a downer. I have done a fantastic job on this if I must say so myself. My outlook on life has never been better...
2. God works in mysterious ways- most people do not get a "heads up" before marrying the wrong person, and I did. For that I am forever grateful. Marriage is for life and if my partner does not agree to having those same morals then they are not the right person for me. I can already see how God is working in mysterious ways and I am excited for what the future has in store for me. 
3. It feels fun to be single and to go out and meet new people, sometimes I forget. 
4. Gender roles do not really exist.  I have fixed so much in the house that was on his "to do list" that I just did it myself, there is no such thing as a "mans role or womans role" because each gender role can do the others "job"... and I did it all. The garage door is fixed, the living room is decorated- pictures hung and a camera alarm has been installed, the list goes on- I can get shit done on my own. ha. 
5. While I do not know the plans ahead for me, I am ok with that- for the first time in my life. I have always liked to be a planner and know where my direction was headed, but we are not in control, and it makes me feel light hearted. I do not know why I ever stressed to begin with on things I could not control. simply silly. 

So while my relationship fizzled, all was not lost. I have came out of this with stronger relationships with my family, friends and faith, and isnt that the most important things in life anyway? The relationship/love aspect will come in its own time, I have faith. 


No comments:

Post a Comment